A ventilation system is necessary for every room. It is especially important in catering facilities (restaurants, bars, cafes, canteens, etc.). People come there to eat. And if there is a stale, unpleasant smell in the halls, it will discourage customers from staying in such an institution. In addition, the cleaning of ventilation systems for organizations by law is mandatory, and it must be carried out at certain intervals.
Why do I need to clean my ventilation system?
The cleaning of ventilation systems is necessary for a variety of reasons. One of them has already been named – for public places disinfection is mandatory by law.
Sanitary regulations clearly specify the standards to which the air in a room of a certain type and the condition of ventilation must conform. At least once every 6 months, the head of the organization must invite a specialist who will inspect the ventilation systems. The results of the inspection should be recorded in a special act and based on this data, the need for cleaning is decided. Disinfection works can be performed only by a specialist with the necessary experience and skills.
In addition to the statutory requirement, cleaning must also be carried out for commercial reasons. Clean ventilation systems are clean air. And clean air is a pleasant atmosphere in the hall, the health of customers and employees and helping to keep rooms clean. Often, due to poor ventilation, you have to call emergency glass repair.
If the treatment is carried out in time:
- There will always be a comfortable atmosphere in the room;
- There will be no unpleasant, frightening smells in the halls, and the flavors from the kitchen in catering organizations will quickly erode;
- no bacteria, viruses and fungus will spread through the clean system;
- In the event of a fire, clean ventilation will prevent or at least reduce the likelihood of severe smoke.
- The service life of the ventilation will be increased, which saves money for repairs.
- Thus, timely cleaning work will save you from the need to repair equipment, provide a comfortable microclimate for customers and employees, and save you from breaking the law.
How often should you clean the ventilation?
The law answers the question of how often ventilation should be cleaned – “every 6 months”. However, sometimes such measures are required more often. Clear signs point to the need for cleaning:
- Visible contaminants on the elements of ventilation (dirt, fat, mold, garbage, etc.);
- Appearance of an unpleasant odor in the building;
- Laboratory analyses of the air show the presence of harmful microorganisms.
- If any of these factors are present, cleaning should be done immediately.
What is the danger of pollution of ventilation?
Contaminated ventilation can lead to very unpleasant consequences. The most harmless of these is an unpleasant odor in the room, which scares away visitors, or breakage of ventilation equipment. However, the dirty ventilation can also contain dangerous bacteria that pose a threat to the health of visitors and employees. If one of them turns out to be a lawyer, he can sue the organization. To prevent this, just contact Safe ADC.
Even more dangerous is the fact that polluted ventilation can be a source of fire. And here the consequences can be tragic.