The 2019 edition of the Festival of Architectures Vives received a very positive return share of the public, the frequentation of the festival is in broad increase with a number of visitors higher than 19,000 people.
The Festival des Architectures Vives aims at raising public awareness on the wide range of architecture. It seeks not only to highlight the work of a young generation of architects, landscape architects and urban planners but also to discover unexpected urban areas.
Many works allow interaction with visitors. Leaving no physical trace, the festival seeks to make an impression, to initiate a global reflection on architecture and its development in an existing urban context and finally, to create a dialogue between contemporary works and heritage. Mediators are present on each site. These mediators are students at the School of Architecture of Montpellier and they endeavour to strengthen the appreciation of the works of the visitors. The event is free reflecting the desire of opening architecture to the greatest number.
The FAV is organized by Elodie Nourrigat and Jacques Brion, architects in Montpellier.
Teams of the FAV 2019 Teams who create the ephemeral works are selected after a call for submissions launched in September. They come from France and from abroad countries.
– Pavilion 2019: THE BIG WAV(ST)E de WASTE IS MORE: Cyril Rheims & Mathieu Collos de Montpellier, France
– Invited University: Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art with the installation: Manifold / Corps et Cadre New York City, USA
– Program “Éducation Artistique et Culturelle”: Rectorat-ENSAM-FAV
12 students from Montpellier’s School of Architecture, ENSAM, and 4 primary schools: Jean Moulin, Jeanne d’Arc, Léo Malet, Saint-Exupéry from the Montpellier’s Academy
– Transformé – Coralie Casanova et Thibaud BronchartParis, France
Jury Award FAV 2019
– Le Papillon d’Or – Cristina Nan, Dirce Medina Patatuchi, Carlos Bausa Martinez Édimbourg, Ecosse / Londres, Angleterre
Public Award FAV 2019
– Notre nid – Maxence GrangeonThonon-les-bains, France
Special Mention FAV 2019
– Showcase – Lopez Rodriguez Enrique, Berriozabal Armesto InigoMadrid, Espagne / Amsterdam, Pays Bas
Special Mention FAV 2019
– Sel sur cours – ObioneParis, France / Rotterdam, Pays-Bas – Beauté Locale – Muro AtelierLisbonne, Portugal – NOfish – Metrotope : Julien PlessisMontrouge, France – Arborescence Digitale – Pulpas StudioMurcia, Espagne – Cour d’eau et de fleurs – Kuma & ElsaParis, France – Everybody is beautiful Thrace Design StudioRichmond, Etats-Unis
FAV 2019 : – 14th edition in Montpellier – June 11th – 16th 2019 in Montpellier – 19,000 visitors – 16 installations – 1 university invited – 1 pavilion